Login  •  Iscriviti

Warrel Dane

Tutti i gruppi che ci piacciono

Moderatore: Leadingtherats

Warrel Dane

Messaggiodi MrFrag il 20 nov 2007 14:44

Discografia:
2008 - Praises To The War Machine

Il prossimo anno uscirà l'album solista di Warrel Dane, meglio noto come l'attuale cantante dei Nevermore.

NEVERMORE frontman Warrel Dane has revealed more information about THE SISTERS OF MERCY cover song that he has recorded for his upcoming solo debut, tentatively due in early 2008 via Century Media Records.

Said Dane: "OK, so since there's so much speculation about what SISTERS song it's going to be, I have to let the cat out of the bag. Every song on that record [1987's 'Floodland'] is great but 'Lucretia' has always been my favorite, 'Dominion' being a close second.

"Anyone that knows me knows that I have always loved old-school goth. 'Nu goth' is kind of boring. Matt Wicklund [former HIMSA guitarist who collaborated with Dane on a few songs for the upcoming CD] did a great job of making 'Lucretia' METAL."

Dane wrote about eight tracks for his solo debut with former SOILWORK guitarist-turned-producer Peter Wichers.

Songtitles set to appear on the CD include:

01. When We Pray
02. Messenger (featuring Jeff Loomis)
03. Obey
04. Let You Down (featuring Chris Broderick)
05. August
06. Feel Failure (Hail Yesterday)
07. Brother
08. Patterns (PAUL SIMON cover)
09. Praises To The War Machine (featuring James Murphy)
10. This Old Man
11. Lucretia (THE SISTERS OF MERCY cover)

According to Dane, "I'm still working on vocals for three more songs but don't want to reveal the titles yet."

In a September 2006 interview with Metal-Rules.com, Dane stated about the upcoming solo CD, "I've been working on it for like the last year off and on, just writing songs with Peter Wichers, and at some point we'll finish them then go in the studio . . . It doesn't sound like NEVERMORE, and I think, you know, if it did, there wouldn't be much point in doing a side project. If it sounded like NEVERMORE I think it would be a little redundant . . . Of course it's metal! Kind of like metal-infused hard rock, I think. It's different and it's a chance for me to explore myself — explore myself in other ways! [laughs] Well, for me, and for Peter from SOILWORK as well, it was kind of a chance for us both to 'step outside the box,' because people expect a certain thing from both those bands and with this we don't have to fulfill any expectations. We can do whatever we want."

For more information, visit http://www.warreldane.com.
Immagine
MrFrag
Weissbier Burper
Weissbier Burper

sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Warrel Dane

Messaggiodi Sephiroth il 20 nov 2007 17:17

Fico!!!

(baste che gli sia passato il mal de panza... :punt )
Immagine
[Aenima] ha scritto:I Manowar sono i Village people dei Defender :cor

Isa ha scritto:credo che tra wagner e il death ci sia un collegamento quasi diretto...
lo stesso che c'è tra la pausini e il power
Sephiroth
Blue Sofa Owner

Messaggiodi Emperor Malach il 20 nov 2007 20:02

Cazzo ridi sephi :bast

Povero :sad
...e se guarderai troppo a lungo nell'Abisso, allora l'Abisso guarderà in te. :grrr
Emperor Malach
The user of the Beast

Messaggiodi OW_Raygon il 21 nov 2007 17:31

Lo voglio. E' da quando ho sentito che doveva uscire che mi chiedo se sarà una cagata mal copiata dei Nevermore o qualcosa di diverso totlamente figo. Inutile dire che spero nella seconda poichè credo in quell'uomo.
OW_Raygon
Poser

Messaggiodi MrFrag il 21 nov 2007 17:40

Beh nelle interviste lui ha sempre detto che se doveva fare un progetto solista per somigliare ai nevermore, non valeva nemmeno la pena :cor
Immagine
MrFrag
Weissbier Burper
Weissbier Burper

Messaggiodi OW_Raygon il 22 nov 2007 14:51

Indubbiamente, ma di grandi artisti che dicono "questo sarà tutto mio, roba nuova e diversa, ascoltatelo e stupirete" e poi fanno brutte copie di altri loro progetti se ne sentono tanti.
OW_Raygon
Poser

Torna a Gruppi