Login  •  Iscriviti

RIP Michelle Meldrum

Consigli, suggerimenti, e altro sulla musica (anche non metal)

RIP Michelle Meldrum

Messaggiodi Misfit il 22 mag 2008 17:46

Michelle Meldrum, leader of the band MELDRUM and former PHANTOM BLUE guitarist, was rushed to St. Joseph's Hospital in Burbank, California in critical condition. Three days later — yesterday afternoon (Wednesday, May 21) — she passed away as a result of a cystic growth on her brain that had restricted oxygen and blood flow to her brain, rendering her braindead.

Michelle had just completed writing and recording MELDRUM's soon-to-be-released third album with drummer Gene Hoglan, along with the group's latest additions, Michele Madden (vocals) and Laura Christine (bass). The surviving bandmembers plan to release the CD later this year in tribute to their fallen bandmate.

Those who knew Michelle recognize that she lived every moment for the music and was regarded as both an exceptional guitarist and a nurturer by her associates, friends, family and son.

Meldrum, 39, is survived by her parents and three-year-old son Jake Thomas (father is EUROPE guitarist John Norum). Her family and bandmembers appreciate all the support that has been shown over the past few days through this trying time. A memorial tribute benefit will be announced in the following weeks.

Michelle's former PHANTOM BLUE bandmate Linda McDonald, who played on MELDRUM's 2007 CD "Blowin' Up The Machine", commented: "Michelle passed away about 6:00 p.m. this evening [Wednesday, May 21] at the hospital. It comes as a complete shock and the impact will be felt by so many. She was a one of a kind and will be sorely missed. I don't really know what to say right now. Thank you for your prayers. I'm sure she heard them all. It is a very sad, sad day.

"

Michelle Meldrum was born on September 28, 1968 in Detroit, Michigan to a family of musicians and actors, and moved to Los Angeles, California at the age of 13. She started her career in music by forming the thrash metal band WARGOD with drummer Gene Hoglan (DARK ANGEL, DEATH, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD), then moved on to become both co-founder and lead guitarist in PHANTOM BLUE. PHANTOM BLUE released its self-titled debut album on Shrapnel Records in the U.S. (Roadrunner in Europe and Japan) and eventually landed a major label deal with Geffen.

While her career flourished, Michelle married EUROPE guitarist John Norum and moved to Sweden to form MELDRUM. After many successful tours with such acts as MOTÖRHEAD and BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, she reunited with Gene in 2006 when he appeared as a guest on MELDRUM album and events. Inspired to once again collaborate, Michelle moved back to America where she and Gene began writing the third MELDRUM album together.
Immagine

Legendary drummer Gene Hoglan (DARK ANGEL, DEATH, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD) has posted a tribute to his fallen MELDRUM bandmate and close friend Michelle Meldrum, who passed away on May 21 as a result of a cystic growth on her brain that had restricted oxygen and blood flow to her brain, rendering her braindead.

"I'm in Australia as I write this, doing those clinics, and they're going well," Gene writes on his MySpace blog. "But, I'm not here to talk about that. These are the blackest days of my life...

"I just lost my sister and best friend, Michelle. I can't believe this complete agony. I am lost and broken-hearted. I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for you, Michelle. Your friendship has meant the world to me, since we were teenagers. I can't believe you're gone. I would switch places with you in one second if I could. For you, for Jake, for your Mom and Bob, who are my family, too.

"I am so fortunate to have had you in my life, especially these last couple of years, when we got to re-connect and kick ass together. Your strength through copious adversity has been such an inspiration to me, you'll never know.

"And now you're gone...

"I can't believe that you're not gonna be there when I get home. I just can't believe that. You've been my rock, my confidant, my warrior-sister. Having you in my life has brought me such joy, and I know you know that.

"But you're gone...why? WHY?

"I've had so many conversations in my head and out loud with you these past few days, willing you to get better, pleading with the powers-that-be for a miracle that was not to be. You are now, and forever will be, right be my side. But I wish I could hear your voice again. I wish you would make me laugh again, like you were always amazing at doing. I wish you would just talk back to me for real. Even just one more time.

"I love you with all my heart, and I will miss you like no other. This world is a darker place for your passing. My heart is with you and your family. My family.

"Peace be with you, my wonderful friend.

"
Ultima modifica di Misfit il 23 mag 2008 16:14, modificato 1 volta in totale.
This is my bass. There are many like it but this one is mine. My bass is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my bass is useless. Without my bass I am useless. I must know all there is to know about my bass. I must play my bass 'true'.... I will.

Before God I swear this creed: my bass and myself are the defenders of my music, we are the masters of our 'sound', we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is nothing but harmony and peace. Amen
Misfit
Metalcorer

sponsor
Sponsor

Re: RIP Michelle Meldrum

Messaggiodi Hednaorden il 22 mag 2008 17:49

R.I.P.
"non sapevo facessero pile di merda alte 1.40" (Srg. Hartman)
Hednaorden
Vermin Devourer

Messaggiodi Maestro il 22 mag 2008 18:14

La maledizione dei musicisti... :ump

R.I.P.
"What good will it be for a man, if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?" (Mt 16,26)

Immagine
Immagine
Immagine
Maestro
Pork Eater
Pork Eater

Messaggiodi Sephiroth il 22 mag 2008 20:00

R.I.P.
Immagine
[Aenima] ha scritto:I Manowar sono i Village people dei Defender :cor

Isa ha scritto:credo che tra wagner e il death ci sia un collegamento quasi diretto...
lo stesso che c'è tra la pausini e il power
Sephiroth
Blue Sofa Owner

Messaggiodi albertogo il 22 mag 2008 21:45

R.I.P. :sad
Me ne frego!!! :cor

Goethe ha scritto:Conoscere i luoghi, vicini o lontani, non vale la pena, non è teoria; sapere dove meglio si spina la birra, è pratica vera, è geografia.

jmilton00 ha scritto:I musulmani non praticano l'eucarestia perché non possono mangiare carne di maiale, giusto? :ghgh
albertogo
Schwarzbier Squirter
Schwarzbier Squirter

Messaggiodi Highelf il 23 mag 2008 13:27

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!1
Rip.
:sad :sad :sad

Non la conoscevo ma era fregna.
Nuova Brigata Blasfema: TEOCLASTA SUPREMO
Mrfrag ha scritto:Peti come un'Harley

Immagine